Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 4 - Teluk Intan to Taiping (158.11km)



Day 4 - 5th July 2008

158.11km

During this ride, I had to several lesser known highways such as 109, 71, 73 & 60. I was passing through lots of small villagers which probably seldom see cyclists passing through. It was a Sat and there were lots of children out in the "Kampungs" just playing. Something I have not seen much in Singapore for some time.

Except for some hills along this route, the road was strightforward with clearly marked signs pointing me to Taiping.

In Taiping, I stayed at the Panorama Hotel. It was RM$98 a night and I was allowed to bring my bicycle up into my room.

Before the North-South Highway, many travellers used to pass this town. Nowadays the town is aging gracefully. The last time I was here 10 years ago, I loved the tree lined roads and night markets. There is a beautiful park in the northern end of town.

Dinner was in a "Hawker Centre" at the back of my hotel.

Discovered a slow leak in my rear tire. Fortunately, I was in the comfort of the hotel room and removed the offending object from my tires. I also rotated my tires so I could try and get a little bit more life of the tires.

Will visit Taiping ("everlasting peace") again...

No comments: