Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 13 - Prachuab Khiri Khan to Phetchaburi (162.25km)

Day 13 - 14th July 2008

It was singlespeed all the way today. Broke my rear derailleur cable on the way to Phetchaburi. Didn't have any spares but hoped that there would be a bicycle shop in Phetchaburi who could replace it.

Although there was a shop in Phetchaburi selling bicycles. It seemed the mechanic was not present to fix up my derailluer cable.

Decided the problem was not too serious. I was just another day to Bangkok.

Found a hotel for 200 baht close to the exit of town.

Did a quick fix on my derailluer by first dumping my derailluer cable and housing. Adjusted the derailluer so that the chain would be in the middle sprockets.

The bike was still rideable and all I needed to do is resist the temptation to change gears.

No comments: