Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 3 - Klang to Teluk Intan (155.52km)


Day 3 - 4th July 2008

155.52km


This ride would take me out of the state of Selangor and into Perak.

It was a relatively easy ride compared to what I faced during the previous 2 days.

To reach the town of Teluk Intan, I would need to divert my route from Highway 5 into Highway 58 which would lead me directly to Teluk Intan. Teluk Intan is another town I visited 10 years ago. A very small town with a very unique attraction. The Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan. It's nothing much really but it stands in the middle of town.

There was some construction along Highway 58 leading to Teluk Intan. The road seemed like going up but somehow, I felt good and managed to keep a consistent speed of abut 25km/h towards town.

The only major hotel in town is the Allson Hotel. I had stayed at this place 10 years back when I rode in Riding For Life. The same ride I had mentioned in my previous post. Not much had changed although this time, they had a bakery in the hotel premises. The lobby had somewhat changed. The rooms had not changed much. I still remember the balcony attached to the room. it was RM$88 a night which was alright.

For lunch, I had KFC in Teluk Intan. For dinner, I wanted to eat at the streetstalls next to the hotel but they closed the shops at around 6pm so I had to take a stroll to the leaning tower where there was a food centre next to it.

Tomorrow, the ride will bring me to Taiping which will still be in the state of Perak.

No comments: